Netgear EX6100 Extender is one of the leading WiFi range extenders used by millions across the globe. Despite this fact, a lot of users are not aware of how to set it up properly so that they can get the most out of it. Sensing this need, we have come up with this NetgearEX6100 installation guide. If you own a Netgear EX6100 WiFi range extender and are looking to set it up, then this post is just for you my friend! Let’s take a sneak peek.
Before proceeding further with the Netgear EX6100 setup, we want you to know your extender first. Here is a brief introduction to the device:
Netgear EX6100 optimizes your existing wireless network and expands it to every nook and corner of your home or office. Utilizing the next-generation AC WiFi technology, it lets you access the fast WiFi speed and connectivity on your smart devices like computers, laptops, smartphones, or tablets. The extender comes with MU-MIMO for streaming to multiple devices at the same time, giving a wow factor to your entertainment all over the house or workplace.
Meet Your EX6100 Extender
This wireless range extender comes with the following LEDs, ports and buttons:
- Extender/Access Point Switch
- Router link LED
- Router arrow LED
- Power on/off button
- Power LED
- WPS LED
- Client link LED
- Client arrow LED
- Factory reset button
- Ethernet port
Now, you are all set to setup Netgear EX6100 WiFi extender. Just move to the next section given below.
How to Setup Netgear AC750 EX6100 Extender
Netgear AC750 EX6100 extender can be set up in two modes: Extender mode and Access Point mode. In the first mode, the extender repeats signals from an existing access point or WiFi router. On the other hand, the access point mode creates a WiFi hotspot within your local network. Here’s how to setup Netgear AC750 WiFi extender model EX6100:
- Extender Mode
If you wish to install and configure your range extender in the Extender Mode, follow the steps below:
- Place the extender to a neat, airy and clean place.
- Plug it into a wall outlet.
- Once the extender turns on, switch on your router.
- Connect it to a WiFi network. It should be fast and reliable.
- Avoid neighboring networks to connect to during the extender EX6100 setup.
- Launch an internet browser e.g. Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer.
- In the address bar appearing at the top-left side, type mywifiext local web address.
- Enter the passphrase and click on Continue button.
- Set the security settings for your extender e.g. network name, WiFi encryption, etc.
Select the network you want to extend. Afterward, reboot the extender once. Now, you can connect multiple devices to the extended network and enjoy a hassle-free internet experience throughout the house or workplace.
2. Access Point Mode
Want to set up your Netgear range extender in Access Point Mode? If yes, we have got your back. Consider the below-given instructions to install and configure the extender in AP mode:
- Un-box the brand new AC750 EX6100 extender properly.
- Make sure that the accessories which came with your device do not get damaged while un-boxing.
- Plug the range extender into a power outlet.
- Connect it to the existing router.
- Double-check the cable connections. Each and every cable connection must be tight and precise.
- Head over to mywifiext web address through an internet browser.
- Create an account using your email ID and password.
- Follow the steps given on thesmart wizard.
After going through the on-screen instructions, power cycle your extender. Power cycling involves turning off the device for 2-3 minutes and turning it on back again. This process is also known as rebooting.
Cheers! Your Netgear EX6100 extender has set up in the desired mode. If you encounter any problem while setting it up, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our technical team via the comments below.