Netgear Nighthawk WiFi range extenders are the superior choice for those users who want to boost the WiFi network of their home. With the Netgear WiFi extender setup, you can get the high-speed internet in every nook and cranny of your home.
Unlike other WiFi extenders, the Netgear extenders keep the same WiFi/network name and security key/password you already have.
Once you have set up and install your WiFi range extender, you can log in to it to view and change the settings.
To access the Netgear Ex2700 login page:
- Open a computer or laptop.
- Connect it with your range extender’s WiFi network using netgear_ext.net.
- Once done, launch an internet browser of your choice.
Note this down that your main WiFi router and Netgear WiFi range extender might have different network names (SSIDs). Please verify that you are connected to your extender’s network.
- In case you did not enable or turn on the One WiFi Name feature, please type www.mywifiext.net into the address field of your internet browser.
- If you have enabled or turned on the One WiFi Name feature, then please enter one of the below-mentioned URLs into the field of the address bar of your web browser:
- For Windows-based computers or laptops, use mywifiext or mywifiext.net.
- For iOS, Linux devices, and Mac computers use mywifiext.net local.
- Once done, hit enter on your keyboard.
- A mywifiext.net login page displays.
- Enter login credentials.
- And hit Log In.
- A Status page will display.
- Tick on the menu icon and when the range extender menu displays – select the ‘Settings’ to view and adjust your Netgear WiFi extender’s settings.
How to enable or disable One WiFi Name on Netgear EX2700?
- Connect your computer or a laptop to the range extender’s WiFi network and after that, load up a web browser onto it.
Log in to your Netgear extender EX2700 by accessing mywifiext.net web address
- Enter the valid and correct username and password and click on the Login button.
- After that, when the Status page displays select Settings and then the Wireless option.
The Wireless page will now display.
- Select the ‘Yes radio’ button and if this is the first time you’re enabling the One SSID (WiFi Name feature), then it is advised that you must run the ‘Smart Setup’ process.
- What you have to do is to go to the Status page and click on the ‘Smart Setup’.
- If you want to disable the One WiFi Name (SSID) feature, then select the ‘No radio’ button.
Note this down that if you disable this feature, then you can set a new and unique SSID (network name) and password for your range extender’s 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks in the SSID and WiFi Password fields.
- To apply the entire settings, click on the ‘save’ button.
For the default IP address and login credentials of your range extender, please refer to the Netgear WiFi extender setup manual.
If you cannot access mywifiext.net setup and login page, just apply the following easy to execute tips.
- Place your router and the extender in the same room.
- Clear cache and browsing history prior to accessing the web page.
- In case you still face any issue, then restart your computer or laptop and login via another browser.
- Be sure that your computer or laptop is connected to the range extender properly.
- Make sure that you have entered the correct URL along with the login details.
- Ensure that you are typing the URL correctly – not into the search bar, but into the web address bar of your internet browser.
- Perform Netgear firmware update on your device. An older firmware version can be a reason for mywifiext.net not working issue.
Assign your PC a static IP address.
- Prior to changing any network settings, it is recommended please note your current Router (Mac) or the Default gateway (Windows) address.
- For brief information about setting up static IP addresses, contact expert Netgear extender technicians.
Drop a message in the comments section explaining your query and get answers in an instant manner.