A VCF (also known as vCard) is a contact file that has dedicated fields for several attributes such as names, email IDs, FAX, address, etc. It is capable of storing personal details, business details, others. A PST file, on the other hand, is an Outlook data file that can store all Outlook data items. To convert .pst file to .vcf format, there are two methods i.e. a manual method and an expert solution.
“I have PST contacts with me from my Outlook account that I no longer use. I am unable to read the contacts anymore. How can I convert them to VCF format?”
Are you also facing a similar problem? Keep reading this blog to learn several ways that you can choose to perform the conversion.
How to Convert .pst File to .vcf?
One of doing this is by exporting the .pst file into Outlook and then exporting it to .csv & then converting to .vcf. But if you are not an Outlook user then the only solution you are left with is to use the software. As many users are facing similar queries, we researched a lot and found out the best solution. The PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter is the most efficient utility to help you export PST contacts to vCard. Here are some of its noteworthy benefits.
Key Features of the Tool
- Convert multiple contact files in a single attempt.
- Capable of converting orphaned or corrupt contact files.
- You can export password-protected PST files.
- Option to create VCF files of all three versions i.e., 2.1, 3.0, 4.0.
- Maintains data integrity & convert all details of the contacts.
Steps to Convert .pst File to .vcf
- Download and install PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter software and add PST files to it. You can also let the software pick the files from your device automatically for you.
- After you have selected the files, this application will scan them for you.
- Now, you can preview these contacts along with their complete details.
- Finally, select vCard as the option, provide a destination to save the file and hit the Export button.
Done! You can now seamlessly use this file to read your contacts or import them to other applications.
Manual Method to Convert .pst File to .vcf
In this section, we will discuss the manual method to create the VCF file from your PST. First, import this PST back into Outlook and export it as CSV. Then, go to the Contacts folder present in the location (C:\Users\Admin\Contacts). After that, choose the Export option from the top menu and select the vCard option & then tap on Export. Now after you map the custom fields, you will have your vCard files created.
Also Read: How to Print Outlook Contacts to PDF Easily?
In this blog, we have discussed the two most widely used practices to convert .pst file to .vcf. As per the user’s requirements, they can choose any of the methods described above. But in case you have orphaned or a corrupted PST file, you cannot opt for the manual procedure. The only way you are bound to adopt is an automated software. It is a highly advanced tool to meet your expectations completely.