It’s Christmas eve! Everyone might be interested to grab the best deals. But what if your WiFi connection ditches you. Aargh! Where will you grab the Christmas deals? Ahh! No shopping, Alas! What to do to make the internet connection up and running.
Fear not! We have a solution.
Get home a Netgear wireless router and enjoy the internet surfing like never before. Well, we assume that you have made up your mind to gift your home a brand new WiFi router. Now the question arises, how to set it up? Don’ worry! We have a solution to this as well. Walk through the Netgear router installation instructions given in this post and set up your Netgear router easily like a pro. Let’s get started.
How to set up a Netgear wireless router?
- Plug-in your Netgear wireless router and wait for some time for the power LED on your device to become stable.
- Make sure that your Netgear wireless router in plugged in the range of your existing broadband modem.
- After that, using an Ethernet cable, connect your modem properly to the internet port of your Netgear wireless router.
- Then, open a computer, laptop, or a mobile device and pull up a relevant internet browser in it.
- Now, in the browser’s address bar either type routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1.
- Routerlogin.net login page displays.
- Enter the login credentials.
- Click on the Advance option.
- Select Setup Wizard > Yes > Next.
- The Setup Wizard will automatically detect the type of WiFi connection. This process will take a few minutes.
- Once the setup wizard has finished configuring the WiFi connection, a congratulation page will display.
- To check the internet connection, click on Take me to the Internet button.
Once you have installed your device successfully, you can access the Netgear router login to view, manage, adjust, and change your router’s settings.
Oh no! Router configured properly, but no internet. How to get the internet connection back?
To get the internet connection back:
- Make sure that the cable connection is secure on your wired and wireless devices.
- Refresh your cable connection by power cycling your home WiFi network.
- Download the latest firmware version on your Netgear wireless router.
- Power cycle your modem as well. If your modem is too old, then replace it with a new one.
- During Netgear router setup, make sure that you have established a good connection between your router and the modem.
- Ensure that the Ethernet cable you have used to connect your router and the modem isn’t dusty or faulty.
- Be certain that the power socket you are using to plug-in your Netgear WiFi router and the modem is working fine.
- Make sure to place your main modem openly on a clean, dry, and higher shelf.
Thus, by following the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips, you may get your internet connection back. If you are still facing internet connectivity issues, reach out to our technical department anytime. We provide support for all Netgear products.