The swimming pool is a place that’s mainly found in open space and quite often exposed to bright sunlight.. Adults and children have lots of fun under the sun when they indulge in swimming activities and spend their time happily in the pool till, they exit from it. Considered as a best destination for family bonding, swimming pool sees maximum crowd during hot summer times. Individuals that indulge in swimming often suffer from skin problems and irritation caused due to UV rays and radiations and pool owners all over the world have started installing pool shades over their swimming pool.
Setting up a massive pool shade structure over the swimming pool can give you benefits beyond protection from heat rays. These pool shades offer a great aesthetic design and architecture, with great style and premium ambiance, thereby providing an exclusive feel to the swimming pool users, adding value to the property/home.
The popular pool shades options and benefits are as below.
1. Shade Sail: This is becoming one of the most favorite and widely used forms of shade across the world. The unique shape and angles in which the sail can be placed give an edge over others, thereby giving the pool a modernized and a trendy setting. One thing that goes against this shade is because of its shapes and angles; it takes multiple shades to cover the entire length of the pool and hence making this an expensive option.
2. Pergolas: This is something that’s raised on one end of the pool, covering just the adequate amount of light over the pool and providing a sheltered space. The placement of this at the corner of the pool gives stylish, treat to the eye for onlookers. Pergolas are made from woods and give us varied options to customize with specific lighting, tables, fans, and curtains.
3. Retractable Shade Canopies: It’s one of the easiest and yet a convenient form of shades for the pool. Covering from one end to another, supported by proper structure running across the pool, is considered as the most effective shade solution for the swimming pool. In recent times retractable pool shades have become a mandatory requirement for pool owners.
4. Umbrellas: Tradition at its best. The most ancient form of shade –Umbrellas is considered as one of the safest and widely used options for swimming pool shades. It’s an apt option for people wanting flexible and a mobile shade, with a comfort to keep it wherever required based on the direction of sunlight. Umbrella placed near the side of the pool provides shelter from the sun for those inside the pool and people relaxing by poolside.
5. Cantilevers: Similar to canopies, cantilevers use single structure support to one side of the pool. These cantilevers are extended to cover the length of the pool, providing shade for people inside the pool and other guests those who are sitting near the poolside.
6. Retractable Enclosures: These are huge skeletal structures, much like a glasshouse providing shelter from the sun as appropriately required during any time of the day. This is considered an expensive option too.
7. Pool Side Free Standing Structures: An ideal option for the swimmers, this structure is in big demand throughout the world. These free-standing structures are an extension of pergola with a niche feels sophisticated sofas, curtains, and other accessories to create nice in-house living expedience. This is the most preferred option at bungalows by pool owners as it sets the mood for relaxed conversation and occasional drinks with loved ones and friends.
Now, having detailed the various options, whatever type of pool shade you choose, the most important things that you should check is material, color, and the technology specifications that come with it, offering you the efficient solution to protect you from the UV radiation. Hence it is most important to go through and check all these specifications before installing pool shade for your swimming pool.