When it comes to printers, there are a number of options available in the market. However, Canon stands ahead of its competitors and manufactures state of the art printers. It offers a number of advantages to its users, such as security, customization, intuitive interface, reliability, durability, and affordability. If you have recently purchased a new Canon printer or want to install an old one to a new device, then read on and learn how to configure the Canon printer IJ setup
Canon Printer IJ Setup
Canon Printer IJ Setup Utility refers to a software program that allows computers to communicate with the printing device. In order to use your printer with any device, you need to do proper configuration and setup. Proper drivers need to be installed so that the computer can convert the data that needs to be printed to a format that is understood by the printer. Luckily, Canon has made it easy for users to configure the ij.start.Canon setup. Just visit ij.start.canon to get started with the setup process. Read on and learn the complete procedure for configuring the ij.start.canon.
Preparing the Canon Printer for Setup
First, you need to check the printer requirements and remove any previously installed printer version from the system. This needs to be done for preparing for the printer setup and driver installation. Here are some prerequisites that you should bear in mind:
●Make sure that the Canon printer is switched on.
●Ensure that the printer is already in a ready state.
●Make sure you have a compatible USB cable.
●Free up a USB port on the computer or laptop.
●In case you have hooked up the USB cord to the device before doing the installation of the printer driver, then you need to follow the process given below for removing the Canon printer from the installed devices list. This will help in ensuring a successful printer setup. If you have not connected the USB cord, then you can skip this process.
- Remove the USB cable of the Canon printer from the device. You should not attach the cable before installing the drivers.
- Now, open the Windows Start menu.
- Enter Devices in the search bar.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Or else, go to Control Panel, and click Devices and Printers.
- Find your Canon printer and right-click on it.
- Click on the Remove Device option.
- Now, close the window and proceed with the Canon printer setup at ij.start.canon .
Configuring Canon Printer IJ Setup on Windows
Windows desktop or laptop users need to follow the steps given below:
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- In a new tab, enter either ij.start.canon or Canon IJ setup in the URL bar.
- Wait for the site to load.
- Choose your language from the top right pull-down menu.
- Now, to start the setup, click on the Set Up button located in the center of the page.
- In the next screen, you have to select a product name.
- You can either look up your Canon printer model name or choose one from the list.
- In case you do not know how to find the printer model name, click on Where to find your product name link.
- Now, you can either enter the model name/number and click on Go or select the First Letters of the printer.
- After you have successfully chosen the printer, you need to choose the region where you bought the printer.
- Click on the region given in the world map on the screen.
- Now the Windows Setup screen will open.
- You need to click on the Download button for starting the Canon printer setup.
- After that follow the instructions given on the screen for completing the setup.
- In case you use Internet Explorer version 9 or higher, then you need to click on the Save button when the prompt comes.
- Wait for the Download to complete the message to appear on the screen.
- Click on the Run button.
- Again follow the instructions shown on the screen for completing the setup.
Configuring Canon Printer IJ Setup on macOS
Mac desktop or MacBook users need to follow the steps listed below:
- Launch a web browser on your device.
- Now you need to visit either ij.start.canon or Canon com ij setup.
- Allow the website to open.
- Make sure your preferred language is chosen. To change it, click on English at the upper right corner and make the changes.
- In the following screen, you need to select the Set-Up option.
- Now, the selection screen will appear.
- Choose your Canon printer product.
- If you know the product name, then type it in the text box and click on Go.
- You can also choose your Canon product from the list given on the screen.
- Those who do not know the product name and click the Where to find your product name link and learn the process to figure out the product name.
- Select the printer and on the next screen, a map showing different regions will open.
- You need to select the region in which you purchased your Canon printer.
- The setup window will now open. Windows will be selected by default.
- Click on the Windows drop-down and choose macOS from the list of operating systems.
- Hit the Download button for starting the setup.
- Follow the guidelines on the screen for completing the Canon printer setup process successfully.
- Quite a few warning prompts might show up on the screen during the process of installation.
- In each prompt, you need to make suitable changes.
- Either click on the Open button or Always Allow, depending upon the prompt.
- Select the option stating Don’t warn me when opening apps on this disk image.
- This will lead to the prevention of further warnings from showing up on the screen.
- Allow access to the item.
- Wait for the installation to get over.
Setting up Canon printers is easy. After the initial setup, you need to keep the driver updated to make the most out of your printer. To get driver updates, you can visit the canon com ij setup.