One of the most important equipment in a lab is the moisture analyser. These equipment help in assessing the amount of moisture present in the crucial lab samples which help in effectively using them for research and experimental purposes. If you use samples which have more moisture in them then the experiments may yield incorrect and faulty results. Thus, it is important to have good moisture analysers in your lab and one of the ways to ensure that is to properly take care of them and maintain them. A moisture analyser’s accuracy will be dependent on several things which will require you to follow a thorough maintenance program. This will help in protecting the investment that you made in procuring the moisture analyser. In this small article, you will learn about some of the effective methods of maintaining your moisture analyser.
- Ensure cleanliness: You must keep your moisture analyser in a position where it is protected and away from dust, draft or any extreme temperature condition which may affect its accuracy. However, if you cannot find a place like this in your laboratory, then you should ensure as much cleanliness as possible in your working area and if the moisture analyser gets exposed to any dust or spills then clean them off as quickly as you can.
- Some steps to help your cleaning: Firstly, you must unplug the moisture balance tray and you should follow the steps and procedures provided by the manufacturer to do this. You should remove all the accessory parts and then individually clean them with a dry cloth dipped in a mild soap solution and dry them. You must not use any reagents, solvents or stronger cleaning agents. After drying the accessories you should dry them with a soft cloth.
- Clean your temperature sensor: One of the most essential components of a moisture analyser is the temperature sensor which helps to check the moisture balance of your samples. It is quite delicate and hence should be properly maintained. You will find the sensor with a halogen lamp located on the lid and you should clean it with a soft dry cloth. Do not touch the halogen lamp.
- In case you still have any issues with the cleaning then do not hesitate to call the customer care services. Do not do any extra cleaning by yourself beyond what is mentioned here.
- Do temperature recalibrations: The temperature and weight calibrations should be checked regularly because the accuracy can easily be compromised with even by simple incidents like just moving it to another place. So you should follow the steps and procedures provided by the manufacture and manually calibrate your moisture analyser unit.
You can easily get moisture analysers for your lab from both online and offline lab equipment suppliers. Ideally, online suppliers will provide you with better deals and discounts. You should always check the reputation of your supplier and the brand of the analyser before making your purchase. For all other future assistance, call the customer care helpline for resolving any issue.