A pallet is a structure often used to transport various types of material in many different industries. It is an efficient method of storing and transporting goods. It is highly beneficial to invest in once since it is very convenient to use for all concerned. It is easy to handle as well as a crane to mauve during the process of loading and unloading.
The contents of a crate are easier to handle during the process as well. Crates have been in use for a long time; however, these were traditionally made from wood. There are many other types of pallets also available like that from plastic, metal, paper, etc. The roto-molded pallet is a popular one and has several applications.
Types of Pallets
- Roto Moulded: This type of pallet is similar to injection molded pallet; however, it is denser, stronger, and more durable. These pallets are made using a rotational molding method and are highly economical. They are available in many different sizes and are very practical since their load-bearing capacity is high. These are also very hygienic to use.
- Plastic Pallets: This is often used for the pharmaceutical industry due to its high level of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Injection Moulded: This is an ideal pallet for lightweight goods since they can be handled well by lifts and is also suitable for storage on racks or a floor. These are flat pallets that are easy to lift and transport. It is also washable, corrosion-free, and highly durable.
- Flyash Brick Pallet: These are low-cost storage pallets made from composite PVC with a thickness ranging like 20m or 30mm, and it is available in many different sizes too.
- Stringer Pallet: A stringer pallet is one with additional support and is essentially two boards running between the top and bottom decks. It is only possible to lift this type of pallet from the sides. There is an option of selecting a four-way pallet as well, making it simple for a forklift to pick up.
The Rotomolded pallets are used for many different applications and several industries too. Some of the informal sectors are used in the manufacturing industry, consumer durables, chemicals, dairy, eCommerce, logistics, food, automotive, shipping, pharmaceutical, military, and more. For vegetables, plastic crates can be used to ensure that everything is stored in a safe zone, without disrupting their shape or taste.
Factors to consider when selecting one
Roto-molded pallets are useful for many types of businesses to store, warehousing, and transport. It is necessary to make sure you get the right kind of pallet to suit your business. They are available in many different shapes, sizes, and capacities, which is also something that you need to consider.
Here are some of the common factors you need to consider:
- Type of products: One of the most important factors to consider when selecting pallets is the type of product it is meant for. It would help if you also considered the weight of the goods and industry before choosing the right material.
- Type of use: Pallets can be reused; hence if it is required for a one-off shipment, it is more beneficial to consider a reconditioned pallet. On the other hand, if you have frequent use of a pallet, use one made from more solid material and one that is more durable.
- The dimension of a package: Make sure you are aware of the height and width of your package to ensure you have the pallet of the right shape and size.
Method of shipping: It is highly likely you require pallets for storage and transportation. In this case, you must acquaint yourself with the conditions in which it is transported, it is temperature-controlled, and the amount of care used to handle it. It is also vital you be aware of the shipping destination of your crates.