To fulfill the accounting needs every small and mid-sized business and freelance professionals use QuickBooks which is an unbeatable solution. To work on the same company file simultaneously, companies use the multi-user mode feature of QuickBooks that allows users to work on the same file. Due to internal or external technical glitches, QuickBooks H-Series Error generated which is an inevitable error. When a workstation fails to communicate with the Company file then QuickBooks Error H202 generates and it does not authenticate users to access the organization file.
The causes of QuickBooks Error H202 are mentioned in this article which will help you to analyze the reasons. While you open the company file from a workstation then you can solve this error by the simple methods to fix QuickBooks H202 Error. The message will prompt like this on your system screen: “you are trying to access that file which is located on another computer, and this QuickBooks Payroll Support is not able to grab the file or reach the server on that computer”.
Reasons behind the QuickBooks Error Code H202
The numerous lists given below are the elements that trigger the QuickBooks Error Code H202.
QuickBooks tries to establish a connection to the QuickBooks Server whenever you open the company file. In order to open the company file when the QuickBooks is unable to connect with the remote to the server then QuickBooks Error H2020 occurs.
- The settings or file hosting configuration of QuickBooks is wrong.
- By the security of a firewall, the QuickBooks communication is blocked.
- The workstation of QuickBooks is unable to reach the Host computer or the unreachable IP address.
- And, the DNS server conflicts with the conflicting Quickbooks Database Manager.
- The service components are damaged or QuickBooks Services are inoperative.
- In the multiple Database Server manager version running is clashed.
- Unavailable QuickBooks Error Code H202 port.
According to the different causes of the H series error, the solutions to this error are also different. In QuickBooks, the solutions to fix these H series (H101, H202, H303, H05) have some sort of similarities with some exceptions. Solutions are provided in the order placed for the minimum solution to QuickBooks Error H202.
Solutions to solve the QuickBooks Error H202
Solution 1: Testing and Calibration of Network Connectivity.
- For using the QuickBooks, open the QB on all the computers networked.
- Tap on the menu of the file then click on Utilities then turn off hosting.
- On the QB host computer, click windows key and write this “This PC”.
- Double click on the network option from the left windowpane to check that all the networked are seeing.
- From the QuickBooks Host or Server Computer, ping all the workstation respectively.
- And, also when the computer showing QuickBooks Error Code H202 then starts to ping the QuickBooks Server or host.
- On the command prompt, the command for the ping test has to be done.
- Syntax to ping the command: ping [Computer Name] then click on Enter.
In the local area network, inactivity in the order reaction and data packet loss specify the errors and the reasons for QB Error Code H202. If you are tech-savvy a little bit then fix the network issues on your own. Most of the time, network problems are not hardware-oriented and might require QuickBooks Technicians’ involvement.
Solution 2: QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool with Analyze Network Issues.
- Firstly, the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool should be downloaded and install.
- The QuickBooks Company File folder has to run the tool and scan.
- Copy the note of the IP address, When the tools are going to run.
- In the firewall status section, enable the ports which have the Open Ports button.
- Till the end, follow the wizard instruction.
- Where Error Code H202 happens, then try to open the file from the computer.
Get QuickBooks Firewall port exceptions added in your Windows Firewall and the security software to solve the error code H202, if the error code still prevails.
Solution 3: In the Windows Host File, append the QuickBooks Server Information
- The location of the windows host file is C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc.
- Where you are getting QuickBooks Error Code H202 then ensure to apply this method on the computers.
- As shown above search to the windows host file location.
- Click right on the windows host file and then click open with choices and then click on a notepad.
- Search in the list of the host file and then, enter the IP address of the server.
- In your keyboard, press TAB once and enter QuickBooks Server Name.
- To save the changes, press Ctrl+S in the host file and close the notepad.
Solution 4: Change the file location of your company.
- To create your company file in, create the new folder in C drive on your computer.
- From the existing company file folder, select the company file and the respective.TLG file and press Ctrl+C to copy.
- Open the New Company file folder and click on CTRL+V to copy the file of the company.
- In multi-user mode, try to open the file.
If you want more information then, contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number.