Self-care is the most important thing that a person needs to do. Nowadays women are aware of grooming and understand the importance of removing body hair. There are several ways to remove hair from the body and waxing is one of the most popular ones.
The waxing method can be used to remove hair from the body including the face and private parts. However, some women get intimidated by facial waxing.
Therefore, in this article we will discuss facial hair removal through waxing. Our main focus will be to discuss waxing tips for sensitive facial skin.
What is waxing?
It is a beauty treatment that is used to remove extra hair from the body.
Waxing is a commonly used technique in salons and even at homes to get rid of body hair. It is even used to remove facial hair.
Nowadays many women opt for waxing instead of threading facial hair.
However, face waxing is a procedure that not everyone can execute effectively. This is because every skin reacts differently to the procedure. Moreover, facial skin is more sensitive so it must be treated carefully.
It is advisable for everyone who wishes to wax his face that visit a professional for better results. Furthermore, gentle face waxing for sensitive skin is important, and can be received by professionals.
What is the procedure for facial waxing?
- These are the steps that are followed generally while waxing:
- A thin layer of warm wax is applied on the targeted area with the help of a spatula.
- Then a wax strip is placed on it.
- Next, the wax strip is pulled in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- This procedure is used for legs, arms and back. But it is not ideal for facial hair removal.
For face wax, sensitivity friendly face waxing techniques are kept into consideration.
What are the two types of wax?
The two main types of wax are hard wax and soft wax.
Hard wax is a harder wax as its name suggests and it hardens once it is applied to the skin.
It is removed with hands and wax strips are not required.
Hard wax is ideal for the face and underarms.
Soft wax is a thick was and it softens when heated.
It is applied to the skin at a warm temperature.
Wax strips are then attached to the skin.
The strips are then pulled in the opposite direction of hair growth to remove hair.
Caring for sensitive skin during face waxing:
When you plan to wax your face at home, these are the steps you need to follow.
Preparing for waxing:
- Check the length of your facial hair.
- It must be 1/4 inches long, otherwise waxing will be useless and ineffective.
- Cleanse your face and get rid of debris and bacteria.
- Heat the wax in microwave or a wax warmer.
- Apply the wax using a wax strip in the direction of the hair.
- Once cooled down, hold your skin taut with one hand and pull the wax in a quick pull in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- After you have done waxing, apply after wax oil on your face to prevent redness.
What are the side effects of facial wax?
As facial skin is very sensitive, so the waxing must be done very carefully, with the help of professionals.
The potential side effects of facial wax are:
- Redness and Irritation
- Ingrown hair
These are the potential side effects that can occur after face wax. However, facial hair removal advice for sensitive skin is that understands your skin type and discuss with your aesthetic regarding facial wax beforehand.