The iPhone is one of the most reliable mobile devices that does not tend to have many operational issues. It does not get easily damaged as a result of physical abuse. But there is a limit on how much rough handling it can take. For example, it will not break if it falls from low heights and if it does not bang very hard. The screen too is quite strong and does not break easily.
In spite of being sturdy and water-resistant to some extent, the screen of the iPhone will crack if not handled with care. It can also be damaged due to water if one does not follow the guidelines about how to use the phone in wet conditions.
You may have to visit a store for cell phone battery replacement in San Francisco if not careful with the device. This article describes several preventive measures one can take to avoid costly iPhone repairs.
Tips to Prevent Costly Repairs
Cell phone repair in San Francisco can be expensive thus, taking preventive measures to safeguard your device is always a good idea. The device can be damaged in innumerable ways. Extreme heat and cold can damage the device. In fact, if used for an extended time under the hot sun it will simply shut down. This is a built-in preventive measure. There are several other preventive measures one can take, like using a decent mobile holder, a nightstand to charge the phone and cleaning it with a special microfiber cloth to prevent scratch.
- Simple Screen Protector: A simple screen protector can protect the screen in the case of minor falls. It is a simple protective layer that is placed over your screen. The most basic type of screen protection is a plastic sheet that is not likely to be very thick.
- Tempered Glass Screen Protector: Most modern smartphones already have strong impact resistance screens like those made from Gorilla Glass. This makes the screen scratch-resistant and also protects the phone when it falls. But there is a limit to how much it can protect. A tempered glass screen protector provides extra protection and will ensure the screen does not smash when dropped. This is available in varying levels of thickness to provide a varying level of protection.
- Use a Special protective iPhone case: A bumper phone case will provide additional protection to your phone. A phone usually falls flat and that is the reason the screen will not usually break. However, there are times when it falls on the side or corner; this is when the chances of the screen to shatter are higher. A good bumper case provides good protection and prevents the screen from shattering.
- Keep it away from water: An iPhone has tons of features that make it your loyal companion. It is used as a GPS device, camera, browser, check email, MP3 Player, watch an episode of favorite soap, and many other things. Some of us also take it along when on an adventure trip like on the beach, canoe trips, fishing, rafting, mountain climbing, etc. There are several methods of protecting the device but when it comes to using it in or around water. It is best to use professional tough case to make sure it is waterproof; this can be a solid sealed box or a flexible plastic that allows one to use it underwater.
- Phone charger: One should ideally use the charger supplied along with the phone to avoid damage due to a defective charger.
- Important Accessories: There are several accessories to keep an iPhone safe. A finger loop attached at the back of the case will prevent it from falling or if someone brushes against it.