Staying at the ashram is going to be one of the best experiences, ever. If you happen to join the 200 hour yoga teacher training in Kerala, the experience can further be best described as ecstatic. The body, mind, and the soul get a positive influx of energy, through yoga. Moreover, you will meet several fascinating people, throughout your journey. Most schools of yoga offer the basic facilities, without any five-star treatment. The time-table is also quite stringent.
So, many of the students out there may be inquisitive about the life at the ashram. Read on, to know more about the same.
Typical Schedule – 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training In Kerala
- You are supposed to wake up in the Brahma Muhurta, as that is when the cosmic energies are strong. You wake up, with the rising sun, and get to absorb the energy. Surya Namaskar often follows. Meditation is best done, in the morning, when there are fewer distractions around you. You will be attending a guided meditation session, under the surveillance of learned teachers. You may find yourself meditating in the open air, if the weather permits. At other instances, you will do the same in the well-ventilated yoga halls. This acts as the precursor to the day, which lies ahead.
- The yoga asana practice that follows will simply take your physical strength to another level, altogether. Hatha Yoga is one of the basic foundational forms, which you can go for. You will learn about the beginner poses, like Vrikshasana, Tadasana, Sukhasana, Vajrasana, and Padmasana, to name a few. The teachers at the ashram, can identify then and there, as to the suitability of the poses for the practitioners. Your level of practice will guide further sessions. The 200 hour yoga teacher training in Kerala at World Peace Yoga School will often customize your practice. You will be training under the guidance of the experts.
- Fire ceremony is also one of the ceremonies, held at some of the renowned yoga schools in Kerala. You will be a part of a purification ritual, where the Gurus will recite Vedic hymns and mantras. It is intended to purify your mind and soul, with such practices. For the unversed, yoga is a spiritual practice, so you have to be cleansed from within. Only when you are able to do that, you can achieve the greatness, you so deserve. The oils that are used in such ceremonies represent the element water. On the other hand, the herbs represent Mother Earth.
- While at the school or ashram, no matter what you call it, you will be entitled to have Sattvic food. Thus, the entire one-month of practice will see you having whole grains, pulses, vegetables, and greens cooked in light natural oils. Fruits are also a part of your diet. You will get three vegetarian meals each day. You will also make it a practice to pray before having food. It elevates your experience.
- The classes start in the morning and go on, till sunset. You will be guided through the practical sessions and the theoretical sessions, by the teachers. The theoretical sessions include the study of the background of yoga, history and philosophy. You will be engrossed in reading some of the most wonderful texts like Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Upanishads, and Vedas. This is for you to develop conviction in the subject. After having read the texts, you will start trusting all your intuitions, which led you to the practice, initially. Anatomical study and physiology are also important modules, which you will cover in the course. If you want to teach yoga in future, or for self-practice, you need to keep in mind, that there will be all kinds of students in your class. Some will even come with injuries. So, you should have prior knowledge about the bones, muscles, and tissues.
- Afternoon sessions mostly cover theory classes covering the above chapters, along with Ashtanga-Vinyasa practice. You will also learn about various seated and supine poses. Savasana is also treated as important. You will learn the art of relaxation, through the same. You also do Pranayama and attend satsangs in the evenings. Mantra chanting is also regarded as important. Teaching pedagogy is also important in this journey. You have to learn to teach students of various levels, in this class.
- The classes are mostly held on all six days, with an off day. You will be going for a yoga excursion as a part of the 200 hour yoga teacher training in Kerala, to connect with Mother Nature. Kerala is one of the most beautiful places in India, with an odd combination of beaches, hills, and backwaters. You will start enjoying every moment of the training. You can also engage in some social services in your fee time. It will give you the taste of Karma Yoga. Yoga excursions are an important part of the yoga schedule. You will break free in your own way.
You can join the best yoga school, World Peace Yoga School, to do the 200 hour yoga teacher training in Kerala. It will help you to explore all your yogic capabilities and also direct you towards your ultimate goal. So, join the school now!