You might be least concerned about the food being served at your wedding since there are other essential things to be worried about like your wedding lehenga, wedding jewelry, etc. however you must not forget that your decided menu is certainly the most important thing for your guests. Here are some of the crucial tips to consider selecting your wedding catering and menu.
Indian weddings extravagant affairs with food being the prime focus. Thus hiring a good wedding caterer and carry out the wedding catering services is a big task. Wedding catering is one of the things that is going to create a long-lasting impression on your guests since they’ll be talking about the food for years. Before you proceed with hiring a caterer for your wedding, it is suggested to do thorough research about the leading caterers in and around your area to get a clear idea and select the best.
- Maintain the balance: It is important to get the right balance in Indian weddings, along with the level of service you must also check the time gap between the meals served. If these points are checked, you can be assured that your wedding menu would be remembered forever!
2. Choice of venue: The choice of your wedding caterer also depends on the choice of the venue. Most banquet halls offer catering services along with venue decorations. However, if you wish to bring your own caterers, you must ensure to check that with the venue management. Some venues may charge you extra for these facilities.
3. Written quotation: You must obtain a written quotation with all your services mentioned. This quotation must be inclusive of all additional costs (if any). You must also note down the terms and conditions of your catering company and their policies regarding cancellations.
4. Balance in foodservice: The right balance is really important when it comes to the annaprasan menu and catering services. There must be something for everyone and the food must be of top quality. The balance must be in every respect- from flavors to cuisine, to food items, as well as presentation. In the case of Indian weddings, not only the taste but the level of food service, the time-lapse between meals served, must also be considered.
5. Serving style: Traditional Indian weddings have table-seated meals with servers usually provided by the venue management or the catering service. However, in modern Indian weddings, the buffet-style of foodservice is noticed. The price of your catering service would largely depend on the kind of service you choose.
6. The menu: Indian wedding menu differs largely on the basis of regional preferences and no one understands this better than the rigt wedding caterer. Always have a close look at the menu provided by the wedding caterer before finalizing him. Tasting session: The taste of food differs in each catering service. To build trust with the taste, tasting the food provided by your caterer would help you understand the food quality better along with it an opportunity to explore the variety of food brings satisfaction with the taste.