Bates stamping is a process to insert page numbers in document files to organize them in order. In this process, you actually add some extra information apart from the page number on the page as in the prefix and suffix of the page number. Here, we shall be discussing the popular methods of bates stamping in PDF documents.
The Bates stamping process is really helpful for the personnel dealing with legal files like advocates. Bates numbering legal documents helps to organize a large number of PDF documents so that they are easily handled. There are various methodologies introduced to get on a bates stamp on a PDF soft copy. Let us find out the best results that show up and perform the task efficiently.
Methods of Bates Stamping in PDF Documents
There are two majorly searched Bates stamping techniques in offline mode. For an online technique, there are multiple free and paid tools that offer the PDF Bates numbering process. These require a stable internet connection and in addition, it becomes cumbersome when the number of PDF files is large in number. Better we start knowing the simple efficient offline methods here.
- Adobe Acrobat DC
- PDF Bates Numbering Tool
We will have a deep study over the process to accomplish the bates stamping task.
Adobe Acrobat DC
The application is well known for working over the PDF files. It has almost all the functionality done over a PDF in its most basic style. The application is capable of page numbering as well. Go down to see the process of PDF Bates Stamping.
Steps to Bates Stamp PDF Documents
- Run Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Go to Tools and click on Organize Pages option.
- Click on More (…) option and select Bates Numbering option. Then, click on Add option.
- Click on Add Files and Add Folders to insert PDF documents. Then, Click on OK button.
- Point to a Header or Footer text field & click on Insert Bates Number option
the below Bates stamping details required to insert on PDFs
- Number of digits
- Start Number
- Click on OK when done for bates stamp PDF documents.
In case of a secured PDF file, enter the password for each PDF at the provided text field. The process is very simple to process and it just takes a subscription plan to activate the functionality with the Acrobat application to number PDF file (s). Let’s get down to study the technique of bates stamping in PDF documents using the next efficient process.
SysTools PDF Bates Numberer
This application is equally efficient as like the Adobe Acrobat DC. It has the facility of inserting the page numbers along with additional text on PDF pages. In addition, there is a facility for removing the encryption from the PDF without entering any password into the application. The procedure is shown right below
Steps to Add Bates Numbers to PDF File
- Download and Run the application.
- Click on Generate Bates option and then choose Generate Bates Number option.
- Click on Add Files and add the PDF files for Bates Numbering. Click on Next option.
- Enter the Bates details required for page numbering. Then, click on Next option.
- Select the Position for bates numbers. Click on Browse option and select the file saving location.
- Click on Next button and then click on Generate option to add bates stamp on PDF.
This simple process adds the bates stamp on the PDF files. There are multiple options of bates stamping in PDF documents, as like, bates numbering in file series, same bates stamp on all PDF pages, adding current date on PDF, etc.
The article is about learning some efficient methods for bates stamping in PDF documents. For a person to deal with number of legal files or PDFs, the best method is PDF page numbering. Try the efficient methods shown in the article for easy bates numbering in PDF files.