Over the years, websites have become a key aspect to marketing strategy of brands big and small alike. They are important as they take the business online, give it a wider market to cater and open the door of prospects.
A website lets businesses build brand, take their products and services to the audience, inform and enrich users and engage in conversation with customers. All this is not possible without a website.
However, a feature-rich and powerful website is more important and more beneficial than those lacking features and authority. This is where the role of website development India comes into the picture.
What is web development?
Most of us may have a faint idea about web development as we know it’s how we get websites. Beyond this, we neither know much nor do we need to. However, people have a lot of confusion between designing and development and that’s why, a clarity should emerge.
You should know that website development includes many things, including –
- Front-end and back-end development are two constituents or parts of web development
- Skills needed for both the parts may overlap, or they do overlap at times
- In front-end development, the visual design is built into code by developers
- With back-end development, advanced programming on the pages is involved
- The back end is about the technical aspect in true sense where how the site works and how its functionality is used by customers for varied purposes
- Back-end development involves usages of code, database, online processing systems, e-commerce features, CGI program and scripts like PHP
- It’s the web development that includes working around web forms, software packages and API
We can clearly see that web development is a specialized task and it needs a team of coders, programmers and developers working in tandem to bring success to projects of various nature.
After all, it’s the quality of web development that defines the success of your website on the internet. If the development work is shoddy, which means, your website will fail to be technically superior.
Why web development is important?
Web development means the technical and functional side of the website. It involves enriching the site with features so that users can find ease and do the tasks in a hassle-free manner.
Web development is important for many reasons, because –
- It gives the much-needed technical heft to the site
- It makes the site powerful and feature-rich – two most important factors for a website’s online success
- With good development, no website can be friendly to users neither to search engines
- It’s the team of developers than takes your business ideas and shapes them into reality using the blend of technicality and creativity
How web development impacts a website’s online presence?
Well, we should understand that websites are only as good as the way they are developed. Not all websites perform well on the internet because most of them lack on the development front. With poor development, no website will get all those features needed to score well on the web. It’s obvious that web development impacts the website in a big way.
Here are features of a website that happen due to web development –
- Good websites are those that are rich in features, easy to use and friendly to users to the extent of supporting visitors not confusing them when they visit
- Visitors expect a site to be easy to read, come with navigational ease, deliver ease of browsing and above all, should be easy to access
- Top websites should deliver consistent look and feel across devices and systems, which means their layout, design should not get impacted by the kind of screen size then are open on
- All business websites are supposed to load quickly in 2-3 minutes and deliver multi-browser compatibility so that users can access them from anywhere without waiting them to load
- Dead links are a big no on any websites as they create false impression and put users off in a big way and above all, they go against the ranking rules of search engines
- Responsive design should be the key aspect of websites so that it can deliver a consistent look and feel across devices and so that it can be friendly to mobile users
- Good websites should be friendly to users and search engines alike, so they should have all SEO-friendly features needed to make them rank better in SERPs
- And lastly, high-quality websites are laced with visual clues at right places so that users can never face any issue in accessing and browsing and navigating it ever
In overall, all these features are only possible when you hire a top and well-known web development company for your website and realize the true potential of the business.
Author Bio. :- Arun Som is the technical content writer of Hopinfirst that helps startups and enterprises in mobile technology and having a great experience in e learning app, e commerce app, pharmacy app and restaurant app development.